People desire professional teeth whitening services because pearly-white teeth display health, enhances their beauty, and boosts their self-esteem. Even mildly discolored teeth will cause them to seek the services of their family dentists for a solution. These patients often worry about whether teeth whitening services are safe. In this article, we advocate for patients to seek professional assistance if they want to feel contented with the process.
There are three general categories of whitening teeth:
- Dental Clinic Professional Teeth Whitening Procedure
- At-Home Teeth Whitening Treatment Provided by Dentist
- Over-The-Counter Teeth Whitening Products
Factors to Consider When Planning Teeth Whitening Services:
People who whiten their teeth must consider several factors that include the following:
- Type of Discoloration: A dentist in Scottsdale indicates that individuals can have discoloration because of:
- Extrinsic discoloration: This refers to teeth staining by beverages, food, or smoking. These stains often affect the outer side of the teeth. Sometimes it is possible to rectify this discoloration by whitening toothpaste designed to remove stains on the outer side of teeth.
- Intrinsic discoloration: This type of discoloration happens from within the tooth. It may be due to medication, tooth trauma, infection, aging, or childhood illness. Intrinsic discolorations most often need the attention of a dental professional.
- Treatment Costs:
- Over the counter: The best dental care clinic Scottsdale, AZ indicates that individuals prefer using over-the-counter products as they are the least expensive option. Family dentists recommend remedies such as teeth whitening gel or strips for these patients as they go for $20 to $40 per box that can offer you teeth whitening services for a week or two. When you purchase over-the-counter trays, you will fill them with a whitening solution that you place on your teeth. Low-cost dentists often recommend them as they are under $100. Cosmetic dentistry advises patients seeking teeth whitening services to use a custom-fitted whitening tray if they are looking for a longer-lasting option that is more effective. This custom-made tray costs $ 400 or less.
- Teeth Whitening Services at Dentist’s Office: A tooth whitening dentist in Scottsdale, AZ, would approximate an average cost of the office service to be between $650 and $1000. All this will depend on the amount that a dentist in Scottsdale charges and the type of products used. However, never neglect your teeth once the teeth whitening services begin. Additionally, avoid food and drinks that can stain your teeth, such as red wine, coffee, chocolate, and tea, among others.
- Treatment Methods: Peroxide ingredient is often found in most teeth whitening products and is responsible for making your teeth whiter. Low costs dentists say that the strength of whitening treatments will often correspond to the composition of the peroxide in the product. The recommended percentage is 10%, 16%, or 22%. Below is a list of treatment methods as recommended by family dentists.
- In-office Bleaching: Cosmetic dentistry encourages patients to pursue this type of bleaching as it is done very quickly and by professionals. Qualified family dentists with professional skills perform the service in their offices safely. Although it may be expensive, it’s the most recommended method for patients who doubt whether the teeth whitening procedure is safe.
- Teeth whitening trays and gels: Whitening trays and gels are for patient people. The results of the procedure start to show after three days to a couple of weeks. The whitening trays from your family dentist are safer than those obtained over the counter as the peroxide level varies in these two. Cosmetic dentistry encourages patients to go for custom-made trays that fit their teeth. Those sold over the counter have a generic size and can irritate if the bleaching agent encounters your gums.
- Teeth Whitening Toothpastes: It usually contains a mild abrasive used to get rid of surface stains. Some whitening toothpaste contains polishing agents that are more powerful than regular toothpaste.
- Age: A dentist in Scottsdale encourages parents to take great care of their children’s teeth. Teeth whitening dentist Scottsdale, AZ, advises parents to seek their services for their children when they are between 14 to 16 years. During this time, the teeth tend to whiten very fast. Before they get to age 14, they often need parental involvement if they engage in-home treatment. They will also have to whiten a mixed dentition since their teeth are transitioning to permanent dentition.
- Dentist History: Before conducting any teeth whitening procedure, a dentist in Scottsdale will usually go through your dentist’s history. Consequently, it will determine their attitude towards your treatment, your experiences, and both of your expectations. Cosmetic dentistry entails checking whether the patient has a history of a chronic illness. Additionally, their use of antibiotics for long-term use can often contribute to discoloration of teeth. Teeth whitening dentist Scottsdale AZ will also determine whether the patient is a smoker. Most times, Cosmetic dentistry recommends that such patients should stop smoking before they seek teeth whitening services for effective results.
If you are in Scottsdale, Arizona, consider visiting Trinity Dental Care, a dental clinic that offers cosmetic dentistry and teeth whitening services. You can trust a dentist in Scottsdale to treat you professionally as they consider your teeth whitening needs. So, book an appointment with a teeth whitening dentist in Scottsdale, AZ, to get your dazzling smile soon.